I know this is kind of random but very important randomn message.
I was recently answering comments on my WordPress homepage when I decided to click on “archives.” When I did that, a list of options came up, one of which was named “unread.” I scoffed at the very thought of having missed a message or a comment and pleasantly ignored that tab.
A little while later, I went to archives again and looked at the “unread” tab but this time, I paused over it and decided that it couldn’t hurt to check and, boy, was I in for a surprise!
I saw that I had missed comments from awhile ago and felt stupid responding to them weeks (and maybe months) later.
So, my friends, the point of this post is to tell you to please, PLEASE check your”unread” messages.
Here is how you can check it:
1) Type in wordpress.com
2) Look at the top right corner of the page. There, you will find your icon. Look one space left of your icon and click it (this is the space where your comments and “likes” alert you by lighting up.
3) When you click it, you will see all of your recent comments and likes and on top of it (to the right) will be a blue word that says “Archives” and is underlined.
4) Click the “Archives” link and you will see a bigger screen of all your comments and likes along with a bunch of different tabs to the left of the page.
5) The tab titled “Unread” should be somewhere under the first tab (probably right under it)
6) Click “unread” to see the messages that you may have missed